Miller Waste Systems Inc. has been in operation since 1961. Miller is a leader in waste management, providing government and industries with a wide range of services in the provinces of Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Manitoba, Miller has 50 years’ experience in the waste management sector and operates out of 30 locations.
**Permanent Year-round work, weekly incentives, clothing and boot allowance**
- Valid G license (mandatory)
- Must be flexible to work Saturdays when required
What You’ll Do:
- The Labourer/Loader at Miller Waste Systems is responsible for various waste stream residential collections.
- This may include Yard Waste collection, Blue Box and/or Green Bin collection and Residential garbage collection.
- You will provide customers with reliable and high-quality customer service as the proper disposal of the waste streams are vital to the health and well-being of the residents of the community that you are servicing.
- You will collect various waste streams to be delivered to local Transfer stations, Compost Facilities or landfill sites in an efficient and appropriate manner.
- You will do this while adhering to the collection and delivery schedule while following all relevant policies and procedures of the Company, the MTO, Ministry of Environment as well as the by-laws of the Municipality in which you are working. Failure to adhere to safety policies and procedures may lead to property damage, injury, or loss of life.
- You will be required to deal with fellow employees, management, resident and members of the public in a polite and respectful manner at all times. All waste receptacles that are emptied into the collection vehicle must be placed back on the resident’s property, flipped upside down at the curb, in the same place that they were removed from.
- The garbage bags or cans can weigh up to 50 lbs. and need to be lifted from the ground up approximately 2 feet into the hopper.
- You will be required make in excess of 800 residential stops per day.
Why People Choose Miller Waste and Stay:
- Competitive Pay - Above Industry Average!
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Paramedical and Travel Insurance
- Paid vacation
- Culture that values learning opportunities
- Promotes within, advancement opportunities
- Employee Appreciation BBQ and events
- Family oriented environment, we care about our employees, it’s the “Miller Way”
- Employee discounts
- Referral bonus program
- Tuition Reimbursement & Scholarship Awards
- Support community involvement and volunteering
- We don’t just offer you a job, we offer you a career!
What You Need to Succeed:
- You are highly productive and have excellent customer service
- You are a team player, with safe driving records and habits
- Polite and respectful to all you interact with