Junior Network Systems Administrator | Helpdesk/ Desktop Support
VetCentric is focused on delivering outstanding services to the federal government. We have extensive experience in the fields of cybersecurity, supply chain & logistics management, strategy, business analytics, and IT services such as system design, continuous improvement, virtualization, and data center management. VetCentric is an SBA certified HUBZone company and VA CVE certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB). We operate in 12 states with offices in Washington DC and Northern Virginia.
Perks Working with Us:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental benefits
- Generous PTO and 10 days paid federal US holidays
- Fantastic company culture
Location(s): Grand Center, St. Louis, MO. Candidates from HUBZones strongly preferred.
Employment Eligibility: Eligible to work for any employer in the United States without requiring sponsorship. Sponsorship is not available currently.
Work in conjunction with a team to configure and maintain facility network topologies including wired and wireless connectivity. Able to deploy, configure, maintain, and monitor all active network equipment and peripherals in order to ensure smooth network operation.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s in a technical discipline preferred or 8 years of technical experience substituting degree
- Years of experience: 4 years with a technical degree or 12 years with a high school diploma/ non-technical degree
- Technical Skills:
- Experience conducting routine system administration tasks and logging data in system admin logs and maintaining system efficiency.
- Experience in maintaining troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems.
- Must have knowledge of several debugging protocols and processes.
- Must be able to troubleshoot problems and issues identified by customers and implement corrective actions quickly.
- Experience with firewalls, switches and routers/ASA’s, Routing protocols, LAN, VLAN, WAN
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Certifications desired: CCNA, CCNP, Network+ Certification or A+
- Experience working in health care settings, VA or supporting federal agencies
- Install and support network components including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, end-user workstations, printers, phones, and other peripheral devices, integrate new server hardware and applications
- Fully support, configure, maintain, and upgrade location’s networks and in-house servers
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
- Set up user accounts, permissions, and passwords
- Define network policies and procedures
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Desktop support, support servicing incident tickets, account management
- Configuring workstations, deploy tablets, computers, phones, imaging or new equipment and other peripherals, add, and move inventory
- Installation, maintenance, testing and troubleshooting tasks in support of IT customers, pull cables