About the role:
Dodge Data & Analytics (DDA) is looking for a dynamic hands-on Lead Full Stack Software Engineer to be part of the Dodge Global Network Product Delivery team.
The Lead Full Stack Software Engineer should have the ability to multi-task, roll-up his/her sleeves, and wear multiple hats as required. He/she should have a track record of success with hands-on development of product feature enhancements across the full stack following Agile methodology and Scrum framework. The role requires close collaboration with development managers, onsite/offshore development teams, and a product development team of approximately 5 to 7 members including software developers, testers, performance engineers, and business analysts. In addition, accountability for improving and updating websites and applications to create a rich, intuitive user experience of customer-facing applications is required.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Product/Program Management & Business Analysts to devise technical solutions.
- Lead solution and design creation for new feature implementation working with cross-team members.
- Perform independent technology assessments and proof of concept on third-party software/libraries.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Analyze and size business requirements.
- Build, enhance, and maintain customer-facing applications.
- Manage Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD) processes.
- Manage releases to staging and production.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Participate in Agile team meetings including daily scrum, technical design reviews, and sprint commitments.
- Ensure Agile milestones and project schedules are met.
- Resolve roadblocks and escalate to management when appropriate.
- Support Quality Assurance (QA) activities including unit, functional, integration testing.
- Guide and mentor junior team members.
What you’ll bring:
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to multi-task, roll-up sleeves and wear multiple hats
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 7+ years of professional hands-on experience as a Full Stack Lead Software Engineer in web & mobile application development
- 3+ years of professional experience leading small development teams as a Lead Full Stack Software Engineer
- Experience leading a multi-release Agile software development project
- Experience architecting REST Web Services with skills in Java, Groovy/Grails, and MVC Patterns
- Experience working with Agile SDLC tools like Jira and Rally
- Experience working with source control tools like Git and Bitbucket
- Hands-on experience in
- Hands-on experience with AWS or other cloud platforms
- Hands-on experience in software deployment tools like Jenkins, Terraform and Ansible
- Proficiency in web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience in database management systems including Oracle 11g, MongoDB, Aurora
or similar DBMS
- Project management capabilities with a drive to meet deadlines and demonstrate results
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with Product and IT management
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of C#/ASP.NET, WCF & Web APIs
- Knowledge of Bootstrap and LESS/SASS
- Knowledge of Express/NodeJS
- Knowledge in server architecture involving Load Balancers, server scalability
- Knowledge of MarkLogic and XQuery
(Please, no third-party representation.)
Dodge Data & Analytics is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran