The global higher education sector is a growing market and QS has established itself as the global leader in higher education services, events, and intelligence.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate HR Professional who combines care for people with focus on results and delivery, exercises high professional standards and leads by example.
Working as part of the Global HR Team, you will deliver a comprehensive HR support to different business units and branch offices, combining responsibilities for both hands-on transactional activity and participation in long-term strategic projects in coordination with HR Director and other staff.
You will have comprehensive HR Executive duties in this role, including the following responsibilities:
- Provide a quality HR support to business units and individual stakeholders;
- Guide mangers and staff on QS policies, procedures, benefits and systems;
- Contribute to HR data planning, collection, analysis and reporting;
- Help manage absence, disciplinary and grievance process, sickness, etc.; identify areas that might require improvement;
- Support the business with transactional HR documentation (references, offers, contracts, etc.) and also contribute to authoring policies, handbooks and similar guidance;
- Take part in supporting managers on performance management issues and processes;
- Take part in managing payroll and benefits, including working with providers when necessary;
- Act as a point of contact for a full remit of HR questions and concerns;
- Manage HR systems, e.g. HRIS and ATS;
- Support occasional work visa cases, both with Home Office and with employees;
- Work with other HR and business stakeholders to continually improve the HR Function in a diverse and agile environment of a growing and changing global business;
- Work with HR Director on projects and initiatives as required.
Key skills and experiences
You are likely to have the majority of the following:
- Similar previous HR experience, preferably from a fast-paced yet well-structured environment;
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills;
- Comfort in using HR systems at an advanced level and ability to offer HR systems guidance to staff;
- Numeric skills and comfort level when working with HR metrics, reports and data analysis;
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function when working with Business Units;
- Ability to build rapport quickly with stakeholders of different seniority, roles and styles;
- Proactive approach to work combined with drive for quality;
- Ability to manage time and priorities between transactional work and projects;
- Understanding of UK employment law and best practices;
- A professional and practical approach to HR, with the ability to deliver high stakeholder satisfaction, while personally working to high professional standards;
- A degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience, and CIPD or equivalent qualification would also be helpful.