Beatclub is the premier platform for artists, producers, and songwriters to buy, license or sell beats, acapellas, demos, samples, and loops. Founded by Timbaland, Beatclub is a global marketplace that connects the music creator community with record labels, music publishers, film & tv, brands, content creators, and independent artists. Creators have made millions on Beatclub’s platform already.
The Sr. Staff Accountant will play a key role as we establish and scale our accounting and financial processes. This is a hybrid role, with a few days in the West Hollywood office per week.
The Sr. Staff Accountant plays a vital role in maintaining the financial health of the company, overseeing daily accounting operations and ensuring efficient management of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and the company's financial commitments. This role is entrusted with monitoring company revenues and expenses, maintaining and updating QBO, performing general ledger and bank reconciliations, and collaborating with Senior Management to provide budgets and financial projections. Furthermore, the Sr. Staff Accountant will partner with external firms on tax-related processes and generate reports to fulfill leadership requests as necessary. As the backbone of our financial operations, the Senior Staff Accountant's ultimate goal is to facilitate a seamless financial workflow for the company.
- Oversee and execute the monthly financial close process, ensuring alignment with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Manage Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) workflows, emphasizing timeliness and accuracy.
- Coordinate payroll processing for both domestic and international employees, ensuring compliance with global regulations.
- Supervise the receipt and handling of all incoming financial and compliance-related correspondence, ensuring timely and appropriate responses.
- Conduct thorough balance sheet reconciliations to safeguard the accuracy and completeness of financial reporting.
- Generate tailored financial performance reports for leadership, including comprehensive financial statements prepared in accordance with GAAP.
- Assess financial performance through comparison and analysis of actual results against plans and forecasts, providing actionable insights.
- Oversee tax management and related compliance matters, mitigating organizational risk.
- Collaborate with executive team to develop and implement robust internal control systems.
- Define and uphold accounting policies and procedures encompassing shared services, treasury, and general accounting functions, promoting operational efficiency and compliance.
- Perform additional tasks as required, demonstrating flexibility and commitment to organizational goals.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a related field,
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in an accounting or finance role, exhibiting progressive responsibilities.
- Preferred prior experience working solo in an accounting department, showcasing adeptness in handling multiple roles.
- Solid understanding and application of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced capabilities in spreadsheet management and financial modeling, illustrating exceptional analytical skills.
- Practical experience with QuickBooks Online (QBO) is required, and familiarity with Bill.com is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to collaborate, influence, and forge strong relationships across all organizational levels.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills, coupled with a powerful intellectual curiosity.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to simplify complex information.
- Demonstrated capacity to excel in a fast-paced, early-stage business environment, embodying adaptability and resilience.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States is required.