Job Title: Bookkeeper
Responsible to: Line Manager
Office location: Warsaw - Poland
Hours per week: 40 hours
Our mission at PLG is to revolutionise the retail supply chain. From customer returns to excess inventory, we use technology and industry expertise to help retailers find efficient and sustainable solutions to help them manage their ‘waste’ and recycle in a way that makes commercial sense.
We have offices across the globe, Headquarters in London and our Sheffield Hub is based just off junction 31 of the M1. We are looking to grow the team with like-minded, ambitious individuals.
No day at PLG is quite the same, which means we need people who are always on the ball, performing their role to the best of their ability and continuously improving outputs.
As part of the finance department, to carry out bookkeeping and accounting tasks on a day to day basis.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities::
- Bookkeeping and preparing bank reconciliations and controls.
- Processing of purchase invoices, supplier payments and remittances and liaising with suppliers.
- Maintaining customers’ accounting records and reconciliations. Dealing with queries from suppliers and customers.
- Preparing and posting journals including accruals, prepayments, depreciation and month end control reconciliations.
- Preparation of VAT returns and EC Sales Lists.
- Instrastat reporting.
- Preparing monthly management reports.
- Assisting sales team with data analysis.
- Assisting with basic tax compliance matters
- Reporting and attendance at other ParkerLane offices, as required
- Such other duties as may be reasonably expected of the post holder.
This list is not exhaustive, and is only an indication of responsibilities.
This job description reflects the post, as at January 2019, but may be amended from time to time following consultation with the post holder.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Qualifications: AAT desirable
- At least 3 years’ experience in a bookkeeping and/or accounting role
- Knowledge of regulations governing exports and imports from/to the UK essential
- Good working knowledge of VAT/Intrastat and EC Sales Lists essential
- Xero accounting experience essential
- Good level of IT knowledge and skills
Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Professional attitude – identifies and acts upon customer needs and is able to deliver excellent customer services.
- Keen to learn and develop – demonstrates understanding of own profession and keeps abreast of relevant developments.
- Good interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Meticulous attention to detail to ensure accurate work
- Plans and organises tasks/priorities and effectively meets deadlines
- Demonstrates good self motivation and uses initiative appropriately to resolve problems