Black & McDonald’s BC team is growing! If you are an independent, enthusiastic, and driven professional searching for an opportunity to build a solid foundation for your career, this position is for you. The Electrical Project Manager is located in Vancouver and reports directly to the Operations Manager.
The Electrical Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and/or coordinating the preparation of full estimates on construction projects as required by client documents. In addition, this role will take an active lead in project managing awarded bids along with field guidance for the Foreman. This role will develop and implement all department procedures in accordance to company policy, and review all final estimates to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Advise on tendering procedures, review tender submissions, and recommend tender packages
- Oversee price packages with suppliers, subcontractors, owners, designers and architects regarding tenders as required
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress against established schedules.
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Assist/Lead with the material and equipment purchasing for secured jobs as required
- Hire and supervise the activities of union labour, subcontractors and subordinate staff
- Implementation and maintenance of Company and legislated Health and Safety Programs, including Tool Box meetings, safety procedures, and compliance to PPE
- Co-ordinate and manage various small & large projects
- Travel to various sites or clients to undertake the above
- Responsible for Key Result Area’s (KRA’s) assigned
- FSR responsibility for the Division
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Completion of college program in construction engineering technology and or several years of experience as a qualified Journeyman Electrician
- FSR B designation would be an asset
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years of experience as an electrical estimator would be an asset
- 3-5 years of experience in the construction industry, including experience as a supervisor or field superintendent would be an asset
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Intermediate knowledge and understanding of:
- Construction scheduling, planning, and execution
- Project structural design interpretation
- Business operations processes
- Organization and time management
Intermediate user of:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Project)
- JD Edwards or an Oracle-based ERP system is an asset
Black & McDonald welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.