Are you enthusiastic about having a rewarding career in nursing? Want to gain more experience before training as a nurse? We are recruiting for a talented Nursing Assistant who shares our vision and values. A great opportunity has arisen in our warm and caring Residential and Nursing Home at Drayon Care Village, Drayton, West London.
Minimum of 33 hours per week, alternate weekends
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- NVQ3 Health and Social care qualification (or equivalent)
- Deliver a high level of compassionate personal and psychological care to all residents in a professional manner, arranging rotas to meet their care requirements e.g. medications, bathing etc.
- Complete records where required to a satisfactory standard.
- Key worker and Care Plan documentation are fully completed within the time frames agreed.
- Supervise, support and act as a point of reference for the staff on duty. Be a motivator and mentor, promoting team-working for all staff.
- Act as an Ambassador for the Home in all dealings with visitors and the general public.
- Ensure the individual rights of residents and staff are safeguarded in accordance with the Homes Philosophy of Care by being aware of the working practices and activities being actioned.
- Provide an efficient and professional telephone and enquiry service to the general public and relatives.
- Maintain client, staff and business confidentiality at all times.
- Strong English communication skills both verbally and written.
WHAT WE DO FOR YOU:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Rolling rotas and flexibility
- Subsidised hot meals
- Training such as NVQ Health & Social Care Level 4-5 offered and encouraged.
- Refer a Friend Scheme - Receive £200 (upon probation completion) for every friend you help recruit into the Gold Care Homes family
- Perkbox – (Perkbox provides your employees with a wide range of perks covering everything from gyms and healthcare, to big brand discounts, free phone insurance and special rate cinema tickets
- Company Pension.
- Generous Annual Leave.
NVQ3 or equivalent in Health and Social Care
Previous experience within a care home
If this sounds appealing to you and you believe you would enjoy working with us to make a difference in people’s lives, please apply.