Aviation Technology Associates (AVTECH) is looking for an Aircraft Tool Design Engineer II in Savannah, GA
Performs engineering work related to the design of tools and equipment used in the manufacture and support of aircraft.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under minimal supervision, design, tolerance and annotate tooling in 3D CAD environment that will be used in the manufacture and support of aircraft.
- Collaborate with engineering, manufacturing engineering and operations to determine optimal manufacturing procedures.
- Present design concepts to a design review team composed of representatives from manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering, operations, safety and other Tool Design Engineers.
- Review and check Tool Designs, as required, to ensure conformance to specifications, intent, methods and procedures.
- Write procedures on use of tools.
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Assist Tool shop as needed, during Periodic and Conformity Inspections.
- Assist in formulating Tool Design policies, procedures, and specifications as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
As an ideal candidate to join the AVTECH team, you will meet the following:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree Mechanical Engineering, or a related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Eighteen (18) months of drafting/design experience to include documented experience in a tool shop or machine shop environment.
- Tool Design experience preferred.
Required Unique Skills:
- Dassault SmarTeam experience preferred.
- Catia Design experience preferred.
The estimated pay for this position is $60.00 per hour.
By submitting your resume, you are agreeing to have AVTECH submit an application on your behalf to the company we are hiring for. Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.