About the Carer Position
We are looking for a proactive Carer (DAYS) to care for our residents in a professional and compassionate manner. It’s often a demanding job as you will have to be available for most of the day and week. But, it can also be very gratifying. People who are ill, injured, disabled or elderly are deserving and thankful for the exceptional support. This role is for 44hrs per week, however, flexibility is available for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will be dependable and courteous with outstanding communication skills. You should be able to follow instructions and perform a variety of tasks to help clients.
- Help clients take prescribed medication
- Assist clients with ambulation and mobility around the house or outside (doctor’s appointments, walks, etc.)
- Assist clients with personal care and hygiene
- Help clients with physical therapy exercises
- Be a pleasant and supportive companion
- Report any unusual incidents
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
- Supervise, support and act as a point of reference for the staff on duty. Be a motivator and mentor, promoting team-working for all staff.
- Proven experience as a Carer
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety standards
- Respectful and compassionate
- Good time management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics
- Physical endurance
- Competitive rates of pay
- Subsidised travel to and from the home - this is part of our green agenda.
- Rolling rotas and flexibility
- Subsidised hot meals
- Training such as NVQ Health & Social Care Level 4-5 offered and encouraged.
- Refer a Friend Scheme - Receive £100 (upon probation completion) for every friend you help recruit into the Gold Care Homes family
- Perkbox – (Perkbox provides your employees with a wide range of perks covering everything from gyms and healthcare, to big brand discounts, free phone insurance and special rate cinema tickets
- Company Pension.