We are currently looking for a Senior AWS Systems Engineer to join our AWS practice team based in our office on the outskirts of York.
The ideal candidate will be a smart, creative, and enthusiastic engineer with a broad understanding of enterprise platform design and operations who can play a key part in supporting cutting edge technology solutions deployed to AWS.
This role will often require regular customer liaison and project work in addition to daily management of existing platforms. As well as technical ability we are looking for people with the soft skills to build strong relationships within Piksel Group and with our customers.
What this role involves…
- Ensuring the availability, performance, and functionality of customer systems hosted in AWS
- Project delivery work, from design into production support
- Being a subject matter expert for colleagues and customers
- Incident response, resolution, and then identifying potential future improvements
- Automation using IAC and CI/CD
- Paid on-call support
What we’ll need you to bring…
- Experience building and managing modern, highly automated environments in AWS
- Strong skills in AWS, containerisation, automation, and DevOps practices
- Experience with Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code tools, and at least one common scripting language, in production environments
- Understanding of concepts and approaches beyond infrastructure layer and across the full stack
- Good communication skills and a team player
- A desire for continual improvement, both personally and to drive it across the team and platforms
- An innovative approach, a willingness to challenge dogma, and to champion the best way
- A keen sense of responsibility for the services you'll be working on
- Able and willing to take ownership of things, and drive through to resolution
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- Display natural decision-making abilities
What we’ll give you in return…
- A broad remit and the chance to get your hands on some incredible tech
- A strong ethos of knowledge sharing with weekly Lightning Talks and regular meet-ups
- The chance to work closely with some amazingly talented people
- Unrivalled personal growth and a clear path for development
- Respect for your ideas and acknowledgement for a job well-done
- A flexible approach to your job and a great work/life balance
- A friendly, welcoming culture and a great social calendar
- Excellent benefits package including unrivalled pension, 25 days holiday plus an extra day off for your birthday, Group Life Assurance, Group Income Protection, free eye tests, flexible working options, and lots more!
Located in the Science Park, within the main campus of York University (YO10), Piksel Group’s head office is home to some of the most innovative technology solutions on the planet.
We have been developing and delivering services to the Health, Media, Public Sector, Retail, and Transport sectors for nearly 20 years. We provide a mix of software, network, and infrastructure management services and have a long established capability in the management of public and private cloud, ensuring our customers not only meet but exceed their business requirements.
At Piksel, we have a history of dealing with all manner of requirements, from customers who require a simple two or three-tier solution, to those looking for high availability or time-critical systems. The main thing is, we enjoy engaging with our customers, discovering their needs and designing and delivering services so they have one less thing to worry about.
So, if technology is your thing and you like to see it used to enable companies to work in new and exciting ways, then we’d love to hear from you.
We're proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.