- Cloud Imperium Games is looking for an experienced level designer with a history in first person or third person shooters to join our team in Wilmslow UK.
- Work with the product stake holders, designers , artists, coders and cinematic designers to deliver engaging cinematic combat spaces
- Work as part of the core FPS combat team to develop the core on foot gameplay loop and help inform level guides for the team
- Take ownership of core locations in the Squadron 42 experience from concept to completion ensuring the overall vision is clearly understood with all cross discipline team members.
- Contribute to Tools and workflow development, highlighting bottlenecks or suggesting areas where tools could improve workflow.
- Mentor members of the team and be a positive influence.
- Passion for narrative driven cinematic action games.
- Shipped at least one large scale FPS or third person combat action game (From pre-production to release) as a level designer.
- 4+ years of professional game production experience in a level designer capacity. *Extensive understanding of level design process including level flow, engagement, structure, pacing, environmental storytelling, testing, etc.
- Eye for art composition, architectural concepts, and an ability to create realistic engaging environments.
- Strong understanding of visual scripting principals.
- Quick to learn and master new tools.
- Proactively identify and deal with issues as they arise.
- Ability to self-critique and accept outside critique from project stakeholders.
- A team player-mindset, understanding the importance of collaboration, and able to communicate effectively with all disciplines and departments.
- Experience with cry engine
- Strong interest in science fiction based themes *Strong interest in Star Citizen
Location: Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK