Marex Spectron is a world leading broker offering unrivalled breadth of commodity market coverage across Metals, Agricultural and Energy products. We have extensive services, a diversified client base, platform scalability and leading proprietary technology, data and analytics offerings. Whilst other competitors might match our offering in one specific commodity category, we are unique for being top ranked across Metals, Energy and Agricultural products.
We are currently recruiting for someone to join our risk/financial crime team on a 12 month contract with the intention of transferring to a permanent contract once complete.
- As the Deputy MLRO for the Group, assist in establish an effective financial crime compliance framework.
- Establish, maintain and monitor financial crime processes & controls in support of the business strategy, including the risk-based approach to assessment and ongoing monitoring
- Assess the full spectrum of financial crime risks (ABC, Fraud, AML and CTF, Sanctions and Tax Evasion)
- Monitor and assess Marex Spectron’s Risk Appetite Statement and KRI’s, ensuring matters that fall outside of appetite are identified, escalated to senior management and remediated
- Assess the impact of emerging regulation and legislation and oversee its implementation across all work streams
- Present financial crime management information to senior management including the annual MLRO and financial crime reports
- Assist the client onboarding function in the day to day management of the KYC/ AML process with ultimate decision making around individual client AML risks, escalating issues with senior management as required
- Drive strategic change through the organisation with regard to client onboarding practices and processes, built on a strong AML compliance base
- Provide and demonstrate sufficient oversight of financial crime policies, processes, systems and controls in operation throughout the Group and of those operated by key third party suppliers
- Adapt Global policies, controls & processes to account for local regulatory requirements, without diminishing the Group standards
- Liaise with Law enforcement in the submission of Suspicious Activity Reports to the NCA or other law enforcement to comply with the legislative and regulatory requirements
- Support and provide SME input into all types of Financial Crime training cross the Group and champion AML awareness throughout the organisation.
- Liaise with the front office and/or their customers to ensure that all necessary documentation is put in place in a timely manner and prior to conducting business with Marex Spectron;
- Efficiently deal with general day-to-day ad-hoc queries from a variety of stakeholders;
- § A comprehensive understanding of UK AML regulations and JMLSG Guidance gained through practical implementation of the standards
- § A thorough understanding of the Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) regime and experience of filing reports with the NCA.
- § Experience acting in the capacity of a Deputy MLRO is desirable.