We are looking for a senior web engineer to join our dynamic development team. The role will
involve developing and maintaining our software products, used by universities and business schools
across the world, to help them to engage with potential students and effectively process and
support applicants to their programs. You will have responsibility for building as SaaS platform, practically updating both backend and
front-end code, to match client requirements, and will be able to play your part in the development
of new products, which will underpin the rapid growth of our business.
Programming is mainly done in PHP, using the Zend/Laravel/codeignitor framework, our products
are single page online applications based on Knockout and Jquery, and we subscribe to the Agile
development process, using a Scrum methodology.
Who are we?
QS Unisolution was formed in April 2009 when Unisolution GmbH, the market leading supplier of
software in the area of university internationalisation, joined forces with the software business of QS
Quacquarelli Symonds Limited (QS), the world’s leading media and events company in the higher
QS has a global presence (offices are located in eight countries and events held in 60 countries) and
has a loyal ‘blue-chip’ client base consisting of business schools, universities and corporate
QS is a multi-cultural organization, with more than 25 languages spoken by our team of
approximately 200 people. We are known for our entrepreneurial spirit and actively encourage
employees to initiate and develop ideas and share the rewards of our success. You should be
comfortable with the challenges of a dynamic environment.
Who are you?
You’ll have a web development background of 4 years or more, be fast learning and keen to pursue
your career in a development environment. You’ll be able to think on your feet, adapt to change and
have good interpersonal skills.
You will have four or more years’ experience in a commercial PHP development environment. You
should be comfortable executing commands on Linux servers, configuring Apache & PHP and
viewing log files.
- Delivery of solutions to product requirements
- Meeting deadlines, with high regard for product quality
- Troubleshooting and problem solving
• Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• PHP version >= 5 / OOP
• Experience using Linux on the command line
• Experience using Git and Subversion
• Effective time management
• Excellent English – written and spoken
• Commercial experience developing a SaaS platform
• Experience using Zend/Laravel/codeignitor Framework
• Doctrine ODM
• Experience with Knokcout/Angularjs
• Experience with Mysql
• Experience writing unit tests / Test driven development
• Knowledge of design patterns